Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Just For A Season
Some days, usually when I have Jacob at the table trying to get him to eat, Emma whining because she needs to go down for a nap, and Josiah asking non-stop questions, I think to myself "what am I doing?". Day in and day out I am doing these same things, listening non-stop, giving instructions, preparing food, fixing things, helping everyone with everything, the list goes on. It is hard in the middle of it to see much progress, it often feels like a never ending, huge amount of work. In the midst of it while asking "what am I doing?", I also begin to ask "what am I not doing?". If it is so hard, am I doing something wrong? During the past month I was told many times that the way I was doing things with my children was not good. Wow, has this been a blow. I was so thankful, however, how the Father every single time has prepared me for these conversations. I have been reading through Proverbs and multiple times I read something in the morning that directly related to what I heard later in the day. I know that I do many, many things wrong every day, that is why I am super thankful for God, His grace on me and my children, and His sovereign control over all things. I am thankful that even in my days of feeling completely overwhelmed and inadequate, I can rest in His strong hands knowing that He directs my steps (Proverbs 16:24).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment