Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Rest

These past couple months have been full.  Full of family, travel, good food, sleeping in sleeping bags, playing in the woods, mosquitoes, sunscreen, and lots and lots of laughing.  It has been so special.  They have also been restful, not in a lots of sleep kind of way, but in a good to be with family sort of way.  I have watched my kids play with cousins with their grandparents looking on.  I have sat in a lawn chair next to my sister and just talked.   I have walked through the woods and smelled nothing but dirt and trees and then entered into a home that smells like home.  These things sound small, but they are huge.  Our daily life back home in Asia is different than the one here.  Being here in the midst of family and familiar surroundings, I realize how overwhelming daily life has been.  Here, I am beginning to feel rested, as though I am beginning to really relax for the first time in years.  I still miss things about our home in Asia and look forward to the time in January when we head back, but am also fully enjoying this time.  God has been so good to us, in providing resources, time with family, and places to stay during this time.  I am soaking it all up!







No comments: