Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Baby Alert!
Yesterday we ventured out to the indoor play area once again. This time it was Jared, Josiah, Jacob and I. Jared and Josiah stayed and played, while Jacob and I walked around the hundreds upon hundreds of booths selling stuff. I have been on the lookout for some fabric for curtains as well as some dishes (we are getting tired of eating out of the two pyrex measuring cups I brought). I had Jacob in the front carrier and we headed to an area that has probably about 30 booths of fabric. I had made it about halfway through one of the isles when I paused to look at something and suddenly heard a woman yell something I did not understand. The next thing I knew there were about 15 ladies running (literally) to where Jacob and I stood. They smothered him, and me, touching his cheeks, pulling his hat up, pushing my Jacket away from his face, pushing me from side to side as women on each side attempted to have a look at him. I was told over and over again that he needed to be wrapped up more, that he was going to be cold. (He had on a snowsuit and hat, and was in the front carrier against me. In fact when we got home he was soaked in sweat because he ended up taking a nap in that position.) Anyways, at this point Jacob was smiling and giving the ladies quite a show. I was feeling a little relieved he was in the front carrier. Sometimes it is hard to keep track of him once someone gets a hold of him. I answered the questions I knew how to, boy or girl? how old? I was told many times he was beautiful. I finally said lots of thank you's and goodbye and made my way out of the area. Later when Jared, Josiah and I were leaving we went around the fabric section. Josiah does not do as well as Jacob with all the attention. I went to a couple other areas of the market and we drew attention, but nothing like the ladies of the fabric section. I even ended up finding and buying some dishes. Tomorrow I am going back to get a better look at the fabric for curtains, without Jacob.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
When the lady started yelling, if it was me, I would have thought I did something wrong. Haha that is a funny story but I am sure not too fun for you guys.
So have you decided what fabric you are going to do for curtains? You should send pictures when you get them done. :)
Hey! We sure do miss you guys!! Sorry I haven't been the best with email, but I have been thinking about you a whole lot! I will try to get to that email soon! Love you!
Hey guys! We got the blog link from Holley. So gald to see you are doing well. We have not seen Jacob yet...so cute. I look forward to reading about your adventures. Love, Josh and Tracy
Post a Comment