Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Hotel Living
We have now been living in a hotel for a week and a half. It is great to be in warm weather and all, but I am definitely missing having a kitchen, washing machine, and more than one room. I cannot tell you how often I am in the bathroom washing clothing items and/or dishes (often at the same time). Jared and I also spend quite a bit of time in the evening sitting in the hallway outside the hotel room while the boys sleep. That way we don't have to sit in the dark and can have a normal conversation. Our hotel also has an interesting live singer each evening and we get to listen to her sing 70's songs, in a sort of modern, jazz, all the same style, interesting. Oh, and I cannot forget, right now I am busy trying to kill a mosquito that is buzzing around me. Hotel life really is not that bad, we do have someone who comes and cleans our room, makes our beds, and brings us ice water. We also get to eat very, very yummy food that has already been prepared and is always presented artfully. There are also many friends we get to see and spend time with. I really don't have anything to complain about :) Here are some pictures from this past few days.
Josiah is eating a snack in our room, and busy talking at the same time. Boy, can that boy talk. It seems that he is always talking, except maybe when he is eating. We have really been working lately on him not talking when others are having a conversation. We were noticing that he was beginning to talking louder in order to talk over us, not a good thing.
While Josiah was eating his snack Jacob was on the bed and being absolutely adorable! We have been so amazed lately at how fast Jacob is growing. He is now a chubby little guy with quite the personality.
Another picture of our fast-growing 6 month old.
Jared and Josiah playing in the pool one evening after dinner.
Jacob was busy playing in his stroller on the side of the pool, while we swam. He is quite a patient little guy, and loves it when one of us come over and talk with him. Pretty much anyone who gives him attention is rewarded with a smile.
Jared and Josiah caught a lizard (or something like that) in the pool. They spent a good amount of time holding it, chasing after it, and watching it swim. Josiah was pretty good at being gentle, unlike some past episodes we have had with creatures. All the time spent being gentle with Jacob seems to be paying off.