Thursday, January 29, 2009

On The Road Again

We are once again living out of suitcases. We were really beginning to feel at home in our new city and finding our way around, then it was time to go on another trip. One thing great about this trip is we are down south where it is warm, which made packing pretty easy (and much lighter) and we get to enjoy some time playing outside. We also were able to experience traveling here on this side of the world and have stayed in many different hotels. The boys do great and have so much patience. Jared and I are kept busy finding ways to keep them occupied and make all the travel somewhat fun for them. Now that we are a bit settled in one place for a few days, the boys are loving the warm weather and time spent playing in it. Yesterday we were leaving our hotel room and Josiah suddenly became very concerned and said "Mommy Jacob's toes, Jacob's toes". We realized he was concerned because we had not put socks or anything on Jacob. We just laughed, I think we are all used to being in so many layers. Jacob thinks it is the most wonderful thing in the world to have bare arms, legs, and feet. He is often all rolled up on his side just grabbing at whatever is around. Josiah is having great fun going swimming and playing somewhere different than in our apartment. Here are some recent pictures from our travels.
Jacob is a popular item here (well Josiah is too but is not so allowing). I have found that if Jacob is not strapped to me in the carrier, he is often carried away to be adored. Here is one of those instances. Jacob is quick to give a smile to anyone who holds him and gives him attention. I was not able to find a changing table so had to change Jacob on the seats in the airport. When I started the process, no one was around. This quickly changed and we drew a large crowd. One of the first things I heard when I got his diaper off was the local word for "boy". It was a little embarrasing for all of us I think, but not so for those observing.
Jared took this picture during one of our moments waiting in an airport. One often seen specialty here are silk worms. We had not yet experienced this delicacy. Jared tried one out at a restaurant during our travels. He described it as being really mushy inside but tough and chewy on the outside.Here we are down south, finally dressed in shorts and t-shirts. At this moment we were in the midst of a large picnic and there were lots of fun things to do. Just in case you cannot tell by looking at the boys, they were rather sidetracked by all that was going on around us.