Saturday, January 10, 2009

Jacob Has Graduated to Solids

Today Jacob had his first taste of real food. Well, I guess if you consider his mom's milk mixed with rice cereal to be real food. He has been ready for this step for a few weeks, but we were sort of putting it off until a more convenient time. Jacob was sleeping great at night but started waking up to eat. We are hoping this addition of solids will help with that situation.

This was Jacob's second taste of this strange new food. He was not too sure about it at first but then became rather demanding after a while. If I was too slow getting more to him he would start whining and he would open his mouth in anticipation. I have a feeling he is going to be graduating to new foods pretty quickly.
Josiah also had to get in on all the excitement. He kept bringing over other utensils and offering them to Jacob.