Friday, August 14, 2009
Adjustments
The last couple months have been difficult for me as we adjust to our new lives here in Asia. I am sure a lot of different things have contributed to that difficulty, being sick and tired with the pregnancy, it being summer and me wanted to do outdoorsy things, etc. I also think we hit a point where all the newness and excitement of this adventure sort of wore out and the realization that this was our new home sunk in. I suddenly, it almost seemed as though it was overnight, became annoyed with so many things. Even just the normal things of life. This is not the way to live day to day, not very enjoyable or encouraging. I can now say that, by the grace of God, I am beginning once again to see things in a different light. Instead of just searching for the things that are familiar or western, I am searching out the things that are unique to where we live. Instead of looking at the way someone does something and thinking, 'that is not the way it should be done', I am thinking 'wow that is different and there must be a reason for it'. Instead of being annoyed with the person who says "what type of foreigner are you" for the 20th time today, I focus on 'hey, another chance to have a conversation with someone'. Now, I do admit that this is not an easy switch to make nor one that I am able to do by myself, or be consistent in. It is only by the grace of The Father we are here and by His grace that we continue. I am simply trying to be be obedient in my day to day thinking and actions. I hope soon to post some more on recent observations we have made, as we continue to discover.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am proud of you for pressing on Kelly! Know that if you ever need to vent or talk to someone, I am here friend, probably going through the same thing just a short 3 hours away :) I will continue to lift you up, thank you for your honesty!
Hey Girl, Totally understand all you said. Keep pressing on. He is faithful. We miss you and love you all. I will write more in email in the near future. Love, Sarah
Post a Comment