Sunday, August 16, 2009
Observations of a 3 Year Old
Ever since arriving here in Asia, Josiah comments every moment on things he sees. Well, I guess I should say even before we arrived in Asia he has been commenting on things. Josiah is a talker and does not often run out of questions or observations. One of the things he has been noticing recently are the many idols we see. They are often seen in taxis, at the market, in restaurants, at parks, just about anywhere we go. I think one reason he is so aware of these statues is because of the many conversations we have had about idols and what they are, and are not. He is learning that there is one God and that we are to worship Him only. He also knows that all things were created by God for His own glory. I was listening recently to a talk Jared downloaded from the Desiring God website. The speaker, Ben Patterson, commented on how it was beneficial to not only teach what is truth but also to teach what is not truth. This was definitely 'food for thought' as we seek to teach our sons. What opportunities we have here to teach Josiah, and Jacob, of God's truths, as well as what is not truth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
A great object lesson!
Post a Comment