Jared took this picture of our table soon after we arrived. By the time we actually ate the turntable was completely full, stacked two high. What a spread! There was a lot of seafood, shrimp, crab, sea cucumber, squid, octopus, etc. I think we tried everything. Notice the plate of cigarettes in the middle, a common addition to many events here (something we didn't try). At each person's place there is also a bag with candy, the wedding favor, one of Josiah's favorite parts of a wedding.
Here is the bride coming in with her father. Just before this, the groom was introduced and he walked in, then she was introduced and entered. They walked down between the tables to the front of the room.
The ceremony was simple and also meaningful. We were thankful to sit with a friend who filled us in on what we were not able to understand. (No lazers, smoke, strobe lights, dancing kids, etc. at this wedding :)
The bride changed into another dress for the rest of the wedding, a regular custom here, as they went to greet guests at tables. We got our picture taken with the newlyweds, although they definitely were more picture ready than us :)
There were probably close to 300 people at the wedding, a large crown of Asians to adore the only two Caucasian children. The boys did great. Josiah was quick to let people know that he did not want to be picked up or touched, and is getting great about using the local language and being kind in his requests. Jacob was passed around from person to person and was fine until the last half hour. I think he was just plain worn out. At that point I kept him with me, although I think I disappointed some 'want to be' grandparents.
No comments:
Post a Comment