Monday, November 15, 2010

Helping Nai Nai

A little over a month ago we started with a new househelper. She is the mother-in-law of one of my good friends. The kids have really taken to her and she loves to 'love on' them. They call her Nainai, grandma. A couple weeks ago she was making dumplings for soup (I think in the states it is often called wonton soup?). Josiah and Jacob were asked to help her, what a treat. They pulled up stools, listened to Nainai's instructions, and got to work stuffing, pinching, and bending. She is super patient with them and allows them to do most everything on their own, I think this is partly what has endeared her to Josiah. I have been thankful for all her help, and the kids have been thankful for a 'grandma' who comes to our house almost every day.



No comments: