We put the kids to bed at a friends house the other night while we hung out. At about 10:30 we woke the kids to take them home. The following conversation occurred while Josiah was being helped with his shoes. Keep in mind that he was half asleep.
Josiah: "There is a worm in my sock."
Our friend (as she took off his shoe and straightened his sock): "Ok, let me see if I can take care of it."
Josiah: "There is a worm in my sock."
Me(as I also looked at his sock): "It is okay, it just feels funny."
Josiah: "I put a worm in my sock."
Me: "There is nothing there."
Josiah: "I put a worm in my sock."
Me(as our friend and I continue to fiddle with his socks): "OK"
Guess what! We finally found a worm! Well, sort of. It was this fluorescent green string thing creature thing that he had been playing with. Guess he had thought his sock was a good place to keep in safe. It was a reminder again to not doubt what my children say, especially Josiah. He is almost always super, super truthful and literal, obviously even when he is half asleep :)
Monday, November 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I laughed as I read this!! Sweet Josiah did have a worm in his sock!! :)
Post a Comment