Friday, December 17, 2010
Trash or Treasure?
Last week I threw away some candle holders. They were the glass jar kind that scented candles often come in. I had long ago burned the candles and had kept them, thinking some day I would clean them out. Well, we are getting ready to move to another apartment and I decided to just toss them. I threw them in the kitchen garbage and later that day it went out to the dumpster. The next day two ladies, who work for our apartment complex, came to our door and started up a conversation with our househelper. It turns out they were wondering why we had thrown away such great glasses. They had cleaned out the wax and were using them to drink out of. Wow, was I embarrassed! These jars were in with our kitchen garbage, which included diapers, apple peels, empty milk cartons, etc. Somehow these ladies discovered them within our garbage, and then knew they belonged to us. I guess we probably are the only ones with an abundance of diapers in our trash and are probably the only ones that actually buy trash bags to put our garbage in. Now every single time I throw something away I am thinking, "what will happen when someone finds this, is it okay that I am throwing it out?".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
People love digging through our trash as well, Kelly! We've even started putting "treasures" next to the trash can instead of in it, so it will be easier for people to find. Once Brad threw away his BIG old tennis shoes that had the back cut off. (They were his version of homemade crocs.) With in five minutes, they were taken! We have no idea what a 5'4" grandpa is going to do with torn up shoes, but he was walking away with a smile!
Post a Comment