Tuesday, December 21, 2010

An Update

I mentioned the other day that we are preparing to move. Just a couple months ago I was thinking, "wow, we have almost lived here longer than we have lived anywhere in our married life." I spoke too soon. Our lease is up on this apartment in the beginning of January and we found a new place in the complex just across the street. We will be moving from a 23rd floor apartment to a 2nd floor apartment, big difference! We also will be above a business so hopefully our kids will not be a bother to those below us. The last couple weeks we have been working to get the apartment ready. It was a mess, it had not been cleaned when the last tenants moved out and then was left for over a year. We did get a pretty good deal on it so decided the work was worth it. Last week Jared spent three days painting the entire place. That was an adventure, finding all the supplies needed to paint. As an example, he went to four different painting supply stores before finding a tray for a roller. He was told over and over that he would not find one in our city. Jared worked super hard that three days, prepping the entire place, painting, and then touching up and it looks great! Now we are working to get it cleaned, although have been having some difficulty finding someone to take on the huge job. Hopefully soon it will happen. This week we also went and bought some furniture. The apartment we currently are in is furnished, the new one is not. I will definitely miss many things in our apartment but can truthfully say, "Yeah, no more purple and orange couches"!
Two of my brothers are traveling in our country right now and are scheduled to arrive in our city on Wednesday!!! I cannot describe how excited we all are. They will be here for Christmas and then on the 27th and 28th we are going to pack up and move to the new place, with their help. What great timing for their visit. The Father must have known we were going to need some help at this time of year. I am so thankful.
I will definitely post pictures and more updates on our new place and my brother's visit, as time passes. We have much to be thankful for, even as we face the trouble of moving. We are all looking forward to making a new home in a new apartment, once again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lots going on over there! I will miss the couch in your photos =)