Tuesday, January 8, 2013
So Much for Once a Week Grocery Shopping
Jared is going to be out of town for a few days. Today, in preparation for his absence, I took the stroller to the market to load up on food. My plan was to buy four day's worth of fruits, vegetables, meats, and a few grains. As I was choosing and handing the 'vegetable lady' my produce, she commented on how much I was buying. Then, after she found out I was buying four days worth of food, she started telling every single person that approached her vegetable stand that fact. She shared with 10 or 15 different customers about how I was so busy that I had to try and buy four days of food at once. I guess I was trying to live as an American in Asia. I returned successfully to our apartment with all the food, however had to have Jared come down and help once I got there. Then I had to try to figure out where to put it all. Our apartment is not made to store that much food. Now, I am assuming my soup ingredients will still be good on Saturday. I don't think I have ever shopped so far ahead here in Asia. Guess our time in the U.S. had an effect on me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment