We arrived last night, back to our Asia home. Our trip was pretty uneventful, other than taking 39 hours. We had three flights, and a super long layover spent at a hotel. The kids did great. Judson even slept 10 straight hours on the long flight, never woke up once. We were able to maneuver our incredible amount of baggage, 7 checked bags and 10 carry-ons, along with children, through airports and security. Josiah was a huge help. He pushed the double stroller through multiple airports, and his steering and awareness was right on. We are now home, working to get over jet lag. It is weird how tired and out of it we feel, more than I remember in the past. Kids are loving playing with their toys and re-exploring their home. I have to share a couple Emma stories. Emma will be 3 at the end of this month.
Here was a conversation from last night as we walked through our front door.
Emma: "Who's house is this?"
Me: "Our house."
Emma: "Where is Emily? Isn't this Emily's house?"
Me: "No, Emily has a different house. This is our house."
Later we were in the bathroom.
Emma (pointing at the shower head on the wall): "What is that?"
Me: "The shower."
Emma (laughing) : "There is a toilet in the shower."
Note: We have a lovely bathroom where the entire room is the shower.
As I am putting kids to bed.
Emma: "Where am I going to sleep?"
Me (pointing to the toddler bed): "In your bed."
Emma (laughing): "In the baby bed?"
Obviously Emma does not remember this home. This morning when I asked her to go and wash her hands in the other bathroom, she asked me where it was. When I took her there, she was so excited to have just discovered it. We have also had the joy of teaching her all the 'rules' of the house, like not wearing shoes inside, etc. So fun to see her discovering things, things that the rest of us remember and have anticipated. For her it is all new. She is also saying things like, "When we go to Grammy's house I am going to show her my pretty necklace". Grammy is soooo far away now. Makes me sad, as I try to explain to her.
This morning kids made caves in snow pile outside our door. Cold here, but not unbearable. High today in low 20's F.
Our house is a mess of stuff...kids pulling out all their old and new toys. Me trying to find socks for Jacob, underwear for Emma, and Josiah's hat, and also putting our entire apartment back together again (we packed it up when we left). Judson has been a happy little guy, playing in his playpen in the middle of all the action.
I am off to bed before I fall asleep here at the computer. I will post again soon.
Saturday, January 5, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment