Friday, March 29, 2013

Househelper

As I had mentioned in a previous post, we do now have a girl who helps out with things around the house and with shopping.  It has been so nice.  She arrives each morning with a load of produce and other things from the market.  Then, while I take the kids to school, she stays with Judson (and anyone else who is sick and cannot go to school.)  In the mornings she and I often work together to prepare food and do work around the house, or I can run errands while Judson sleeps and she is home with him.  Then at 11:30 I pick up the kids and our marathon afternoon begins...naps for younger ones, homeschool for Josiah, language tutor for the 3 oldest, dinner (which often includes guests), and bedtime.  In the afternoons she preps my dinner stuff and makes sure everything is clean and ready for the evening.  So, so helpful!  My day is still very full, however now it is doable (is that a word?).  I am actually getting dinner on the table around 5:30, whereas before we were usually starving by the time I could get any food prepared, and wow was I a mess when we had guests for dinner!
We have known her for four years now.  She had worked at a local coffee shop we frequent.  A month ago she started coming to our home each day to tutor the kids in the local language.  When she found we were looking for a helper, she considered it and said she would be interested.  I think it has been a good fit.  She actually plays with the kids, like runs around the house chasing them!  She is also rather quiet and calm (I guess that is how to describe it).  I appreciate having such a gentle person in my home each day.
Having her here has made me even more aware of just how horrible my ability to use the local language is.  Oh, how far I have to go!  She is so, so patient, and I am so, so wrong in how I say almost everything.  I have a long ways to go when it comes to being able to communicate clearly all I would like to say.  Giving thanks each day for Father's blessing and His perfect timing.

To end with a picture...Emma and Jacob are the closest of friends!  I enjoy watching, and listening, to them interact.  This picture was taken on one of Emma's sick days.  Jacob has just returned from school and he is catching up Emma on all that she missed at school that day.

No comments: