Thursday, October 24, 2013

Out and About

My dad, during his visit, photographed our family doing the stuff we do every day.  The type of stuff I don't take pictures of.  As I was sorting through the pictures of my dad's visit, I realized these are the sort of pictures that give a feel of our lives here.  Enjoy...

Jacob and Emma standing on the steps of their school.
 This is what the kids and I look like everyday, as we travel around our area of town.  I have a route I take, twice a day, dropping kids off and picking them up from school.  Almost an hour each time, in the sunshine, rain, wind, snow, etc.
 Our family sitting in the back of a taxi.
 Waiting for a taxi, outside Jared's school.  Jared is in the road flagging down a taxi, while we wait on the side.
 On our days off, we often take a long walk along the riverside.  Usually we start at our house and finish with popcorn at our favorite coffee shop.
 This mother really wanted a picture of her son with the foreigner.  Neither of our boys were very willing.  Our older kids are able to answer on their own, whether they would like to pose for a picture at that moment or not.  Judson, however, usually gets to do whatever Mom says.
 Purchasing pork for pulled pork sandwiches, at the market across the street from our apartment complex.  We buy most of our meats, vegetables, eggs, grains, etc. from this market, unless I find a great buy from a street vendor.
 On the way home from picking up kids from school, we often stop off at our apartment complex playground.  Judson LOVES the slide!
 Another photo from one of our walks on the waterfront.
 This young girl wanted to practice English with us.  Or at least her mother wanted her to practice English with us.  In the end, we talked with her in the local language.  We have no end of opportunities to talk with people.
 Another picture at our apartment complex playground.

No comments: