Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The Youngest Joachim

Judson is two and half years old.  He is my fourth two year old, however this is the first time I have had a two year old and not also had a baby.  It is different.  He and I are buds, we seem to always be together and on the go, taking and picking up kids from school, running errands, cleaning house, prepping homeschool and tutor stuff, etc.  I have found that sometimes I need to slow down, and take moments to focus just on him.  When it is just he and I, it is easy to always be focused on getting things done.  Often, when he asks to read a book or sing a song, I try to sit down with him at that moment, when we finish he will be off again to play.  He is also a cuddler, loves to sit on my lap with his blanket and thumb, and sigh.  (I love it!!)
This past summer, we have seen Judson's personality blossom.  He talks nonstop, except when he is obviously really thinking about what he is going to say next or contemplating the correct way to say something.  His vocabulary is extensive, although sometimes he confuses words, like saying "capturing Nemo" instead of "finding Nemo" or "penguin" instead of "pigeon".  As he interacts with his brothers and sister, he is able to now join in on their imaginary play and play along, using different voices, and follow their instructions.  His favorite thing, by far, are machines.  Anything that is big and moves, this week he is all into airplanes.  This is new for us, the other two boys were into balls, animals, and bugs.  Now we are all being reminded to look at the big trucks, motorcycles and cranes as we walk around town each day.  Judson also interacts well with others around us, is sociable and notices others feelings.  He definitely likes people!
I am asked on a daily basis, "When will Judson be starting school?".  Most all local children his age are already attending school, five days a week, 8 to 4:30.  I cannot imagine sending him to school, yet.  He is only two and at such an impressionable and testing age.  I want to be the one who has the most influence in his life, at this point.  With that said, we are considering sending him, starting in March, for a few mornings a week.  One thing I cannot teach him, is the local language.




 So thankful for this little guy.  Our family is daily blessed by his smiles, laughs, and observations.  God is good!

No comments: