Sunday, September 14, 2014

Adoption Update

As I looked through the past few posts on this blog, I realized how much our kids have grown and just how little I have been updating.  There is no way I can catch up, so instead I am just going to jump back in...
ADOPTION -- AS of last February, we were in the process of adopting from Ethiopia.  Our pre-adoption paperwork was all completed and turned in, we were on the waiting list for an infant girl, and were anticipating a match in the summer.  Then, in the middle of February, our adoption agency was indicted for fraud against the U.S. government.   It was a shock to us, along with the many other families who were in the process with this particular agency.  I don't know how to relay the emotions we went through, as we observed the events of the next month or so.  Many families were caught in the awkward situation of loosing all their paperwork, money, trust, and many were forced to find alternative ways to complete the process to bring home children they were already matched with.  Our family was simply in the position of needing to make decisions about the future and our adoption journey.  After a few months of prayer, talking with others, and researching options, we decided to continue the process of an Ethiopian adoption with a different agency.  At the beginning of the summer we were again placed on a waitlist, for an infant boy or girl.  Our timeline looks much longer than we had previously thought, however we are resting in Father's plan and in his timing.  We are expecting to be matched with a child after another 18 months or so.
We are still at the very beginning of our adoption journey, and yet we have been at it for a year and half.  What a different process this is than birthing a child and adding to your family!  Our children are just as excited as ever about their future little brother or sister, and Jared and I are thankful it is Father who determines the timing and already knows what our family will look like in a couple years.  In the meantime we are enjoying the four we have already been blessed with!



No comments: