For Christmas Jared bought me a sewing machine. I am very excited about it! It was a little difficult for me to leave it at home knowing we would not return for many weeks, and I would probably return so busy with little time to use it. This past summer my dad brought my sewing machine from the states, however during travel it was damaged and we ended up sending it back with him. So sad. I spent much of the fall looking for a machine here and finally, after many unsuccessful searches, found one place with one non-commercial machine. Anyways, Jared went through all the mess of researching the machine, bargaining with the shop, and finally making the purchase just before Christmas. He then wrapped it and had it under the tree Christmas morning. I had it set up the next day and got busy mending odd stuff around the house and making some receiving blankets for the new baby. Then, I decided to be bold, and I spent some time during the week before we left piecing a quilt for the baby. A good friend in Oregon had sent fabric with my dad (in anticipation of me having a sewing machine) and it was excellent for this project. Thanks Jen! I brought the quilt with us and am now hand quilting it. Here is a picture. The back is same fabric as inside border and I will use the same for the binding.

I am not great at sewing but love to attempt to create things. In the past it has always been one of my ways to relax and wind down. I am looking forward to spending bits of time in the evenings, creating, listening to the buzz of my new machine. Just have to wait until we are back home again and I have some time in the evening.
1 comment:
Kelly, your quilt looks great! I'm sure baby will love it. Hope all is well in your new sunny country.
Post a Comment