Friday, March 26, 2010

Prescription?

Earlier this week I ended up with Mastitis, or at least that is what we think it was. It was some sort of infection that had to do with nursing. It was not fun and put me 'out of work' for 24 hours. I came home Monday afternoon, started fixing dinner and by the time I was done had to lay down because I was feeling so bad. The symptoms were a lot like a bad flu, to the point where I was not even able to carry Emma for fear of dropping her. Thankfully Jared was able to stay home and care for the kids all day Tuesday. Anyways, after 24 hours of trying to get it to go away with no success, Jared headed to the pharmacy to get some antibiotics. We do not need to have a prescription to get any medicines. You simply head to the pharmacy with what you need, or describe your symptoms to the pharmacist so they can fill you in, and purchase it in whatever quantities you would like. Jared ended up going to three pharmacies to find the right stuff, and the amount I needed. In the end he spent the equivalent of about $3.50 for a 10 day supply of antibiotics. What a deal! We didn't pay for a doctor's appointment to get a prescription either. And, after a couple doses of the medicine, I was as good as new.

No comments: