Sunday, June 6, 2010

Emma Sleeps

Emma getting ready for her morning nap.

So, Emma is only 4 and a half months old and I think you would probably get pretty bored with my stories of what she says. Therefore, I thought I would share something that has been fascinating, at least to me, her sleep.
After our trip to the states, Emma was waking up every 3 hours during the night to eat. I was having a difficult time getting her back on our schedule here. Finally after a few nights of letting her cry for an hour during those middle of the night wakings, she started stretching her night-time sleep periods. During this time she also found her thumb. I never knew I could be so excited about my child taking up what can be considered a 'nasty' habit. She is now sleeping from 7:30pm to 7am each night, other than me getting her up around 10 to feed her and put her back to bed. She also is taking her naps on a regular schedule, rather than crying during her entire nap period. For the first time, in probably over 6 months, I am not suffering from a lack of sleep, and I can also better predict what our day will look like because of her napping habits. Yeah!! I am so thankful for the gift of the thumb!

No comments: