This week we received our first box of homeschooling materials. Josiah was excited about getting a huge package full of 'who knows what', Jacob was excited about books to look through, Jared was excited about the science encyclopedia, I was excited to see all this stuff I had spent so much time making decisions about, and Emma was excited because everyone else was. I spent over a month researching different curriculum, talking with other homeschool moms, reading books about homeschooling, and just observing Josiah. I finally decided to use the Sonlight curriculum, mostly. I like how, especially in the upper grades, unit studies involve most of the subjects, and how much of the curriculum in literature based. The curriculum also can be easily adapted to teaching multiple kids, at different levels, together. At this point we are thinking we will begin school in August. Josiah goes to local school in the mornings, will come home and take his nap, and then we will do school from 3 to 5 in the afternoons. We'll see how it goes, it is Kindergarten and we are super flexible!

No comments:
Post a Comment