We inherited a bike, complete with child's seat, from our friends who moved a couple months ago. Jared and I now both have bikes, with kid's seats, and we have been putting them to use. So far we have mostly stuck to the road along the river, it has a lot fewer cross streets to deal with and feels safer. We have ridden all the way across town a couple times when going to our friends' house and have ridden to our favorite coffe shop a few times. We also often go on short rides near our house or over to the island nearby. I love having all the kids strapped down and it is somehow more freeing for Jared and I, in comparison to taking taxi's. The kids do really well too, Josiah talks the entire time to Jared and I, Jacob comments to me from time to time on what he sees, and Emma stretches her legs out from the back carrier to make it look like she is flying. It is so, so nice to be out of the long, cold winter, wearing sunglasses, and have the warm breeze blowing by. Now if I could just figure out how to get all three kids on one bike, so we could have an easier ride to school each day :).
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment