Last week Josiah, and I, celebrated his first day of homeschool. Jared and I had been building it up and Josiah was getting really excited about 'doing school'. We have tons of new books to read and explore, a new table and chairs I found in our city for this purpose, and Josiah had some new school supplies he wanted to use. I am laughing looking at these pictures of his first day. You can definitely tell that they were taken just after his nap!
Because Josiah is going to a local preschool in the morning, we are homeschooling after his nap. It is working pretty well, although is probably not the best time in his, or my, day. I have found that we can get most of it done in only an hour and 15 minutes, in addition to Bible reading and verse memorization we do at breakfast each day. Jacob and Emma are usually still asleep (Josiah is the first to wake up) and I have still had time to get dinner together. Josiah is enjoying it, some parts more than others, and he and I are learning how to mix things up a bit to help with his attention span.
Earlier this week I was looking through pictures of Josiah from when we first moved here. He was my chubby-cheeked two year old, full of energy, and always on the move. He is still full of energy and always on the move, yet he is no longer chubby-cheeked and is always ready with questions, comments, and just stuff to talk about. He is five and in Kindergarten! I guess I am ready for this :).
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I can not believe that sweet little boy is already five! Can it really be possible? Man...time goes by so fast!! Keep blogging with lots of pointers, it won't be long until Sadie will be ready to "do school"!! :)
Post a Comment