Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Picnic at the Park

Earlier this week we took a morning off and spent it at the park. The day was beautiful and because it was a Monday and school has started, there were very few people. We ended up spending over 3 hours goofing off. It was wonderful, for all of us. The kids ran, dug holes, found sticks, caught bugs, etc. Jared and I sat on a blanket in the shade and just watched. There are very few times we have had an opportunity like this one and wow was I thankful for it!
The only thing I regret about the day was that I had not been more diligent with sunscreen. I must have missed an area on Emma's neck and she got her first sunburn, yuck! Guess I can be thankful that I did apply it to all of us in some degree, otherwise it could have been much worse :).

1 comment:

Beer Bot said...

Woh, where's that park? That grass looks clean.