Saturday, September 3, 2011

My Birthday

I celebrated my 33rd birthday on Tuesday. The day itself was not really out of the ordinary, boys went to school, met with tutor, naps, homeschool, etc. Jared, however, did do some things to make the day extra special. My favorite was probably the gifts...he surprised me with four boxes of cereal, a toaster and a BBC Jane Austen video! Now if you lived here in our city you would realize why cereal, a toaster and a BBC video were such great gifts. The video had been ordered, mailed to his parents, and then sent to us in a package over a month ago. The cereal and toaster he found and ordered over the local version of ebay and had mailed to our house. With each pregnancy I have craved cold cereal and we have a very limited supply available to us here, what a treat for those times when I need to eat something but don't feel like eating rice :). Also, I somehow killed our last oven and I think it was the amount I used it to toast bread and bagels. Now I have a toaster that can even fit bagels! That afternoon Jared also baked a cake and went and got me a salad from our local Pizza Hut for dinner. Such treats! Not only did I have a special day but I also think of how much my husband must love me every time I eat a bowl of cereal, toast a bagel, or pull out the basket containing videos :).

No comments: