Monday, February 27, 2012
"Mommy, This Rice is so Yummy!"
We live in Asia and eat rice at least once a day, if not twice (and sometimes even for breakfast too). I guess I should have assumed that my kids liked it. I had no clue of their enjoyment of this 'comfort food', until this past month. We haven't been eating rice every day, instead have been eating more local dishes with noodles and western meals (ones that I can actually get the ingredients for and cook). Each time we do eat rice, Josiah immediately responds with, "Mommy, this rice is so yummy!", Jacob eats all of his rice before anything else on his plate, and Emma always asks for seconds and often thirds, of rice. We have been learning when we go out to eat, to look for dishes that include rice, or at least order a couple sides of it. The kids are sure to eat it all, and enjoy it. What a simple, convenient, and appropriate food to enjoy so immensely. Is a reminder to me too that me kids are definitely growing up more "Asian" than I give credit to. Something Jared and I often hope for, yet cannot on our own give them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment