Sunday, March 25, 2012
Labor and Delivery Nurses
Each of my labor and delivery experiences have varied. They have all four started and progressed very differently. Makes it difficult to know what to expect, something I don't always appreciate :). After writing a couple weeks ago about this most recent delivery I realized I had left out a detail I have been curious about. I had mentioned that Judson arrived facing up and therefore it was more difficult for him to be delivered. Well, during the pushing part of labor I had the direct help of two nurses. These two small, Thai nurses, were pushing down hard with each contraction, on each side of my stomach to help push out the baby. I guess it worked, Judson did eventually come out. I am curious about the use of this technique. Only once before have I heard of it, from a friend Rachel, who also delivered in Asia. Is it used in the west? Is it effective? My only complaint was that I was bruised and very tender on each side of my stomach, where they had been pushing. Although, I was sore everywhere else too, so not sure it really mattered much :). Anyways, thought it was an interesting job for the labor and delivery nurses. They were directly involved in the labor process!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment