Judson is nine days old today. Nine full days. Here is a quick overview of his birth story and the recent happenings in his, and our lives.
Day 1: I went into the hospital for my weekly appointment to find that I was 4cm dilated. We decided to go ahead and have the baby, right away, so I was hooked up to pitocin and after a few hours was ready to deliver our little one. The labor part was pretty quick and easy and done without any pain meds., however Judson decided to arrive facing up (rather than down) which made the actual arrival difficult and slow. So thankful once he did come, fully, into the world!!
Day 2 and 3: Jared's parents are here with us and so Jared was able to spend the nights with me in the hospital. So, so thankful. It was like we were on a date every single evening. He kept me company during those long nights of many feedings and figuring out our newborn. The kids came by each morning I was in the hospital to visit and Jared would hang out with them at home in the evenings as well. Because Judson was circumcised, a very uncommon procedure in this part of the world, we were asked to stay at the hospital for 3 days. It was a bit long for me, I was missing the kids, however I was able to get in lots of naps.
Day 4: Judson and I returned home to a super excited Josiah, Jacob, and Emma. I cannot describe to you just how excited these kiddos have been with their new brother. They sit and awe over him constantly, love to watch him get changed, be burped, and are always asking to touch him. We have decided his feet are the safest place for all the touching.
Day 4 and 5: Judson is an incredibly good eater, since his first feeding he has eaten like a champ. Makes nights really easy. The day after we came home from the hospital I came down with the fever and pains associated with mastitis. After two days of trying to get it go away on its own I finally went in and am now taking antibiotics. Oh and get this, we went into the hospital on a Sunday and I was able to see my own doctor. What a blessing, especially when I was feeling so miserable.
Day 6: Judson came down with an infection in his eye so we went back to the hospital. He is now on eye drops to take care of the infection. We also found out that he has a blocked tear duct so is more susceptible to infection. Pediatrician has given us some exercises to help keep it clear in the future. On a side note. I have been so thankful for the doctors and medical care we have received here. The pediatrician we have seen has been so caring, helpful, and has communicated with us well. She was even there during Judson's delivery and came and visited us every day I was in the hospital. My own doctor has also been great about listening to our concerns and allowing labor to go as naturally as we would like.
Day 7: We took an outing to the aquarium. I will have to post some pictures later.
Day 8: Back to the hospital to have Judson's eye checked out. All looked great and he has put on an incredible amount of weight!
Day 9: I have been congested for the past two and a half weeks, and have also been battling a cough. (Labor and delivery was interesting with a stuffed up nose and congestion in my chest. Oh, and coughing continually while recovering from delivery and an episiotomy.) I now seem to have the symptoms of a sinus infection. Really hoping the antibiotics I am already on will help with this. This sickness is part of the reason why I have not been very good about posting any blogs or responding to the many emails of congratulations. Thank you to all of you!! I have loved hearing from you! I have been trying to sleep late in the morning and go to bed somewhat early in the evening.
Tomorrow morning we go in to apply for Judson's passport. We are guessing it will take two weeks for it to come back and then we will get his visa and be able to head back home. Probably have another two and a half weeks before we will take off. I am enjoying our time here, and especially the time with Jared's parents, but at the same time I am missing some of the comforts of my own home.
We have taken over 200 pictures in the past couple weeks. I will try to share some soon, hopefully you won't be waiting another nine days!
Thursday, March 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment