Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Heading for Home

Tomorrow morning we head to the airport and begin the journey home!  We are all looking forward to being back in our own house, with our own beds, toys, kitchen, etc., and to see our good friends.  Although, we also had to say a lot of goodbye's here today.  It has been bittersweet.  We have been here for such a long time, enjoying the time outside and warm weather.  We have also made some new, good friends and it is sad to say goodbye.  Father has used this time here to encourage me, and us as a family, in multiple ways.  In the complex we have been staying in there are multiple ladies that also call it home.  Two of them are mom's, who also have young children.  It has been fun, and encouraging, for me to get to know these women, talk with them about all the stuff that comes with living overseas with small children, homeschooling, medical stuff, you name it.  It has been one of those blessings that I never even imagined experiencing during our time here and am very thankful.  I have some pictures and a couple stories I would love to share from these friendships we have made, but it will have to wait until another night.  I have a couple more things to fit into our suitcases before I head to bed.  Tomorrow we have two flights, then stay overnight in a hotel, and finish our journey on Friday with one quick flight straight into our city.  Or, at least this is the plan.  We have found that most of the time things don't tend to go as they are planned, trying to be ready for whatever adventure we end up with.  Will write again soon, from the comfort of my own big armchair and ottoman!

No comments: