Yesterday morning it started snowing and by the evening everything was covered with a few inches of white. It was beautiful, and felt clean and fresh, even if it did seem a bit odd to us. Funny how we just returned home, from almost 100 degree weather, only 3 days before and now are in the midst of freezing and snow. Our heat was turned off a few weeks ago and so I am keeping the space heaters going, pretty much nonstop. Our bodies don't seem to be used to this cold yet. We definitely are working to get adjusted, in more ways than just the temperature. I think we have been facing a bit of culture shock, as we get out and back into the swing of things. We were definitely gone a long time. Oh, it is so great to be back home though! I walked into our apartment and my eyes were watering, partly because of exhaustion and partly because of pure joy. What a blessing it is to be home, and to this place that definitely feels like home.
Jacob and Emma, yesterday morning, watching the first of the snowflakes fall.
I will write more soon.
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment