Friday, April 6, 2012
The New Normal
On Monday, we found out that our househelper is no longer going to be working for us. Her health has not been great and while we were gone she continued to have problems and needs to rest. We will miss her dearly. She has become like a grandmother to our kids and is a huge help to me, with language and culture, as well as housework. Because we only have two months before heading to the states, we have decided to not try to find, and train, a new helper. Thankfully I am no longer in full time language study, yahoo!, and am able to keep up with all the stuff around the house. The tough thing is getting groceries. I can only buy what I can physically carry, so will need to go to the market on most mornings, with kids in tow. I also will need to take all kids with me when I take Josiah and Jacob to school and pick them up. Thankfully I can stop by the market on the way back or to their school. It should be interesting, something new to get used to. We are quite the sight: white lady, with four small children, crossing multiple four lane, busy roads. Thankful Judson is so young and Emma so old, he is super portable, and Emma is my little helper!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment