Wednesday, April 25, 2012
A Question
Yesterday while I was at the market I attracted a crowd, as usually happens if I am there with any of the kids. I was asked the usual questions, how old are the kids, girl or boy, do you take care of them on your own, is the baby okay being held upright like that, etc. Then one of the ladies asked if I was to get pregnant again, if I would keep the baby. It literally translated as: "if your stomach has, will you deliver". At first I was surprised and talked with her a bit to be sure of her meaning. The group surrounding us were all ready for my answer. I answered in the affirmative, stating that if God was to give me another pregnancy then the child was a gift from Him. I continued talking with the group around me as I continued to make my purchases and then left. As I was leaving, this group of ladies continued talking and I heard them continue to talk about our conversation. I was a bit shocked by this question, and saddened. Yet later realized, we live in a place where most families only have one child. Abortions are a normal part of the lives of many these women. I pray I can be sensitive to where these women are. At the same time, I am thankful for the absolute truth we have in the Word and that the culture around us does not have to define what is right and wrong.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment