Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Kitchens


Last week I was standing outside kid's school, waiting for them to return from a field trip.  A few mothers were talking and rather than join in as they gossiped about the teachers and other students, I stood and observed. This building is across the street, and is a very typical style for older buildings in our area.  Each of the window sections that jut out from the building houses a kitchen.  As the summer weather approaches and things start to heat up, this just makes sense.  Cooking is hot business, having it in a separate section from the house where there are lots of windows, I like this!  Plus no fishy smells wafting through the house.  No wonder over three quarters of the apartments in our area are built this way.  Now, in the wintertime, it would be a different story.  Not sure if I would want to enter the kitchen to prepare breakfast each morning. 

No comments: