Last week was a holiday, and the kids had a few days off from school. (Well, really only one day. They had school on Saturday and Sunday to make up for having three days off during the week.) We were invited by a friend to spend the morning at her house, along with a few other young people. We were able to get a ride out there and then took the city bus home, a very doable and easy trip. Our friend lives with her mother in a one story house. The surrounding area is beautiful. Her living room and each bedroom have large windows overlooking their personal courtyard/garden, and the neighboring fields and mountains. The kids and I spent time sitting on the living room floor, just inside the hanging beads that covered the doorway, listening to birds chirping (not something we get to hear on a regular basis).
 |
| Just outside the house, in the bright, bright sun. |
In addition to having an 'Asian' style barbecue, we also took a walk
through the woods, went to the local store for popscicles, and ran around.
 |
| Josiah climbing trees. Jacob spent much of his morning collecting bugs and playing with bugs, much more fun than posing for the camera. |
 |
| This little girl was born only a few days before Emma. We have known her mom since first moving here. |
I appreciated the chance to visit with my friend, on her turf. I tried to explain to her how peaceful it felt to be at her home with the surrounding view and countryside. I don't think she got it. I miss nature and quiet, she wants city life and convenience. I came home worn out from caring for our kids in another person's house, but also refreshed from spending time outside of the city. Father has us in this place for a purpose. And getting to go and enjoy nature for a morning, is a precious gift from Him
 |
| Notice Jacob has one of his captives, a large ant, I believe. |
 |
| The above picture, zoomed in. Seems Judson was determined to get into the picture! |
No comments:
Post a Comment