Saturday, June 22, 2013
Our Jacob
This past few months, Jacob has grown and matured in ways I did not expect. He is not a quick talker, instead he seems to always be thinking. Sometimes he will be present for a conversation, and I assume he is not listening, then a few days later he will bring up something from that conversation and have a question about it. Jacob is also soft spoken, in a home of loud, talkative people. When he is given a chance, he has a lot to say. It has been great practice for our entire family, me included, to take turns in sharing, asking questions, and giving opinions. Somehow, in the past few months, Jacob has learned to recognize many letters and numbers. I guess, I will sadly admit, I have not taken the time to really teach Jacob, or Emma, any of their colors, numbers, letters, or even the ABC song. (He does know a ton of animal names in the local language, can ask anyone on the street for candy, and can sing you one of half a dozen songs in 'asianese'. Although, I cannot take the credit for any of these skills either.) Jacob loves to pour over books, especially books about animals, and in the past months I have often caught him asking Josiah about different letters. Many of them he already seems to recognize. I am so, so excited about September when he begins formal, English, kindergarten at home. Not only do I get to spend more one-on-one time with my favorite 4, almost 5, year old, but he also gets to learn more about those letters, and the animals, in his books.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment