Tuesday, July 9, 2013

July

It is summer.  We have had rain, buckets and buckets of rain.  Two days, in the past two weeks, the kids have not been to school because of the amount of water covering the roads.  Jared tried both times to wade through the water with the three kids, and finally gave up and came back home again.  I forget how much rain we have in the summer time.  Everyday I am giving thanks for our dryer!
Josiah and I, well really only me, are counting down the days until the end of 1st grade.  Only 6 more days to go, counting today!  I have been putting together a basket of fun new books for him to read during the month we take off from homeschool.  And, I have a stack of books for myself, hoping to maybe take a look at.  Together, we have explored the books we will be using this next year for homeschool.  I was able to purchase half of the stuff here in East Asia, online.  The other half should be arriving any day from the states. 
Last week we celebrated July 4th with friends here in town.  Our friends were gracious in celebrating the independence of a nation that was not their own.  This week Jared and I celebrate our 10th anniversary and later this month Jacob will turn five and Josiah will turn seven.  This is the month of milestones! 
Kids are preparing for a performance at their school.  Looking forward to seeing our kids on stage, as well as the many fascinating cultural expressions that come out in school performances.

Kids' teachers came over last week to visit and make calzones.
 4th of July
 Looking for bugs on a Saturday morning hike.

No comments: