This morning, the kids' school put on a program/activity time for the kids and parents. Unfortunately Jared was out of town, so it was me with the four kids. Made for a super interesting morning, considering I am the only parent with more than one child attending the school. Kids did great, in their class activities and dances, and also in being helpful and patient during the 3 1/2 hours we were at the program.
We arrived at the school at 8:15am, and each child and parent was asked to sit at their assigned class' table on the perimeter of the playground. The classes then took turns, exhibiting their skills through dances, singing, relay races, games, etc. While children waited their turn, the parents provided snacks and kept kids occupied. Parents also were involved in most of the games. It was a pretty good set-up and kids had a great time. We were definitely pooped after 3 1/2 hours. Especially me! Wow, trying to keep track of my kids, in three different places, while I cheered on the one who was performing, and consoled Judson who missed his morning nap. In the end, I relied on other parents and teachers to keep up with my kiddos. I have absolutely no idea what they ate, except that I saw a multitude of popsicles, and their clothes are now covered in chocolate, cookies, and some sort of yellowish goo. I took a gazillion pictures and videos, completely filled the camera memory card, in order to give Jared a good chunk of the experience. Here is a super small sampling.
Josiah has been with this same class, and teacher, for 2 1/2 years now. We are now looking for an elementary school for him, as his class is graduating from the school.
Judson spent much of the morning in the carrier.
One of the moments, of many, when I spotted my children with some sort of frozen confection.
What a cute bunch of kiddos! I am so blessed to have these four. I returned home completely drained and worn out (and sunburned), but also so, so proud of our four Joachim's. They are learning the local language, and learning to really love and care for those that are around them. Much to give thanks for!
Friday, July 26, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment