Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Aunt Rose

My sister, Rose, came to visit for almost two weeks, beginning in the end of October. We spent lots of time touring around our city, with the two boys in tow, and she also got in lots of exploring on her own, while this pregnant lady was taking a break. It was such a blessing to have a familiar face from home, I am sure I talked my sister's ear off half the time. I don't think I always realize how much there is I wish to share with family and friends back home.

Here is Rose, Jacob on her back in the carrier, and Josiah also hitching a ride. She was a trooper when it came to going out with the boys. It is not easy for a 6 month pregnant mom to carry a 16 month old and keep her eye on a busy 3 year old. During the time Rose was here it began to get cold, as you can see from the jackets.

One afternoon, while Jared had the boys during their naps, we took a trip just outside our city and did a little hiking. I think it is the only picture I have of the two of us, oops. It was a beautiful day and we were able to catch the leaves before they had all changed color.



One morning we went to a museum in town. I borrowed a stroller and both boys got to 'ride' through the exhibits and eat snacks while Rose and I visited. This was at the exit of the museum, just before heading down about 4 floors of steps to get to a taxi.We took Aunt Rose to Jared's school to see a bit of the campus. I was sure to bring a soccer ball and Josiah had a chance to play on the field.
My sister took lots and lots of pictures. In fact I think I maybe took 3 pictures from her entire trip. She downloaded most of them on our computer, so thankfully I get to 'steal' and use them. Here are a couple she caught of Jacob during her time with us. I just had to share them.


Visiting with the cows... We have a waterfront area we often explore, complete with 'giants' (statues) and cows.


Rose brought with her a suitcase and a carry-on full of goodies from the states. Thank you so much Grandma Dugan, Grandma and Granddad, and Rose for all those goodies. I have done away with stockpiling and we are enjoying everything to its fullest! This holiday season I am going to be able to make some incredibly yummy stuff from home too, with all the ingredients I now have. Here is Josiah with one of his favorites.
I am off to make breakfast, more on our past few weeks in a future post.

No comments: