Friday, November 13, 2009

Daddy's Home Tomorrow

At this moment both boys are in bed going to sleep. Josiah is in there talking to himself, I think Jacob is already out. I can hear him saying, "Jared Edward Joachim, Daddy Edward Joachim, Daddy Joachim, Daddy Edward, Jared Edward...". Wish Jared was here to hear it. I mentioned in an earlier blog that we have had a busy last few weeks. At the end of my sister's visit she and I went together to the capital city to do some exploring and sightseeing. The plan was that I would stay three days, see her off as she headed back to the states and then leave the next morning to come back home. The three and a half days turned into seven. The night she left I got sick, major sick. Thankfully I was staying with some good friends who they took care of me for the next three days, as I tried to recuperate. My sister got sick at the exact same time, while she was on her 13 hour flight back to the states, yuck! We think we must have gotten either food poisoning or some sort of bug, still not sure. Wow, was I thankful for my friends. Jared survived at home with the boys. I came home and Jacob took a while to even warm up to me again, I guess seven days is a very long time in the life of a one year old. The day after I got home we had some friends arrive and spent the next couple days showing them around our city and visiting. Then Jared left and has been gone for five days. He gets back tomorrow afternoon. Our family is definitely looking forward to being re-united. I am sure this had partly to do with Josiah's reciting of daddy's name, over and over again. I am often trying to figure out what a typical day, or week, looks like in our lives. It seems it is always changing, kind of like the past few weeks. We definitely have to be flexible. In some ways my life revolves around my kids, their naps, meals, etc., although even those seem to need to be very flexible. I guess with adding another little one in a couple months, even what seems typical now will change dramatically. Although, he or she may also just fall into what we do now, whatever that is.

No comments: