Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Guess Who Is Potty Trained?

I am in awe of my two year old! As of last Tuesday, Jacob had never successfully been able to go in a toilet. On Tuesday I decided to go for it, and dive right into potty training. I pulled out the 'big boy' undies, had sippy cups full of watered down juice ready in the fridge, stacked towels and spray cleaner on the bathroom counter, and borrowed a little potty from a friend (oh and made sure he never sat or stood on anything but the wood floors). The first day, Tuesday, he went through all nine pairs of undies, all in the morning, and only went on the toilet when I left him there for 20 minutes. Wednesday, however, was a whole different story. It was like it just clicked. It has now been almost a week and he still does not quite have the going number two in the toilet down, but is able to stay dry all day. Wow!! I am super proud of my Mr. Jacob for this simple accomplishment. I think he has super enjoyed the one on one mommy time too :).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing! We aren't even close! Jen