My brothers left almost a week ago, and we are still missing them! Wow, did we have a good time. It was funny, the moment they walked in our front door, I suddenly felt like I was a Dugan again and was wondering where the rest of the crew was. I immediately was overwhelmed with a homesickness feeling for my other brothers and sister. It was strange, sad, but also wonderful at the same time. What a blessing to have them here for the holidays. I got to cook lots of fun food and had even more people to share it with, our small bit of holiday decorations were enjoyed by others, and one of the best things ever was being able to share our kids and a bit of life here with family. Kevin and Andrew are both in university in Oregon and came during their Christmas break. They were in our country for almost a month, and spent the last two weeks of their trip with us, which included Christmas and our move. They went home with lots of stories to tell, including a 28 hour train ride (oh and a 22 hour one too), some super cold weather, a tandem bicycle, people they met, foods they tried, and fun times they had with the language. I was impressed with all they did on their own, Andrew was super skilled with getting them around using the language skills he already has. (I think he knows more characters than I do!) It was so, so hard to see them go. Makes me miss my family so much! My siblings and I (I am the oldest of six) can sit around and just visit for hours, and that was what it was like when Kevin and Andrew were here. Well that and quite a few games of Canasta :).
Here are some random pictures from their visit...

Kevin joining in on the "feeding Jacob battle".

Kevin and Andrew joined Josiah and I on a special "Josiah adventure".

What can be better than having more boys at your house!

We were out and about quite a bit, considering it is winter and COLD!

It wasn't all smiles and laughs all the time, but almost.

Yeah! for uncles!!
No comments:
Post a Comment