Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas Preparations

This past Christmas season was so busy. I think it was mainly because we were in the midst of preparing a new apartment, along with the other things that come with living here. Even with all that was going on, we still spent some good time preparing for the celebration of Christ's birth.
One morning we went to a friend's house and made gingerbread houses. The kids spent the morning playing, and I spent the morning visiting with other moms. It was a great break from the regular. Of course I didn't get pictures of the houses until after the kids had eaten most of the candy, so enjoy my kids half eaten houses :)

We also made and decorated sugar cookies. Of course this was immediately popular when they found they could immediately eat a cookie!


I put together a bunch of plates of cookies to give to neighbors and a few friends. Jared and the boys went visiting one evening and delivered them.

We also had an advent calendar/book that we read every morning in preparation for the coming king, as well as an ornament to add to our Jesse Tree each evening. Here is a post from last year that describes it: New Christmas Tradition. This year the boys took turns opening the Jesse Tree ornaments, and it was usually the highlight of the day.

No comments: