Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Hike

The weather has suddenly changed. It is warm outside! This week it is supposed to touch into the 70's. Just two weeks ago I was still sending the boys to school with long-johns on. Our entire family is also currently healthy! That is a blessing. We just finished another two weeks of sickness and, at the moment, we have no fevers and no coughs. Yesterday morning we decided to head to one of our favorite hikes. I think I have written about it in the past...a mountain near our home (maybe five minute taxi ride) with very few people and lots of green. It was great! (Plus we were able to go after Emma's morning nap and before lunch. I like trips like that, where everyone can be rested and content.) Here are LOTS of pictures from our 1 1/2 hour hike.










Yesterday, Monday, was our 'family day' or day off. Most all other days we have filled with stuff. I have been super thankful for that one 'day off'. I like having Jared around, and the kids eat up that time with daddy. Monday Josiah was so excited he did not want to stop talking, from the time he woke up until he went to bed, literally. One of the most repeated phrases while we were hiking was, "Josiah stop talking and watch where you are walking." It was hard sending the boys to school today, I so enjoy our time together as a family.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hi! This is Melissa and I was part of the group that visited last summer. I mostly got to hang out with Jacob's age group but I love reading your posts and seeing your fun pictures! Just wanted to send some love :) I hope all continues to be well!