Monday, October 31, 2011

Kid Quotes

Josiah:
"Mommy, there was a little boy in Jacob's class today who had a really big hole in his pants. You could see his bottom! His mommy must have not had time to sew his pants."  (Josiah has just recently discovered split pants.)

This week Josiah has a fascination with bones.  He has asked me endless questions about skeletons, bones, his own body, etc.  "Mommy, can I ever become a skeleton?"  After staring at his moving hand for a long time, "Mommy, do my bones move when I move my fingers?".  "Are there bones in my ears that I can break?"

Jacob:
"Mommy, guess what ?......"
(This phrase has become Jacob's lead in for almost anything from, "have to go potty", to "Jacob big".)

Jacob right now loves to count.  He often says, "Look mommy..." and then will begin counting.  He always counts in the local language and can count all the way to 10.  The only problem?  We recently discovered that he can only count to 4 in English!  Oh well, not worth pushing it, he is only 3.  Guess the local preschool experience is paying off.

Emma:
"No, thank you" sounds more like "no, yeahlalalalala"

We also recently discovered that Emma thinks "no" and "nose" is the same word.  Many times when I tell her "NO", she will point to her nose.  Too funny and too cute, but not always when I am trying to direct all three kids at the same time :).

No comments: