Saturday, October 29, 2011

Magnet Boards

While my dad was here, we accomplished multiple projects, ones I had on my to-do-list for months.  He replaced the faucet in our kitchen, re-caulked our kitchen sink, and was involved in repairing other stuff around our house.  He also helped me hang these magnet boards.


I got the idea from this website: The Handmade Home . I have been trying for awhile to find something to put in the kids room, something that they could use to display stuff but not involve pins, or something else unsafe.  I found big magnets at Ikea and they work great.  We now have the one in the hutch by the dining room table, to display the verses we are working on and anything else I stick on there.  The kids have theirs in the bedroom and we have another, simple one, in the office for homeschool stuff.  I really enjoy projects like this but it sure is different executing them here, when compared to the states.  Completing projects is a great recipe for multiple adventures...there were many involved in creating these boards!

 A couple more random pictures taken recently:

Dr. Josiah, with two of his patients.
Jacob wanting a picture taken of his leopard, so that he can then look at it on the camera.



No comments: