Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pear Picking, Trial #2

 Two years ago we went on an adventure to go pick pears, at an orchard outside our city.  You can read about it here.  It was not an experience we desired to duplicate and so had decided that we may not again attempt pear picking in the upcoming years.  Well, this fall arrived, we heard of some somewhat expensive yet much easier ways to get to the orchard and in the end decided to attempt the trip again.  A group of good friends joined us, along with my dad, we hired a van and driver and also all packed picnic lunches.  It was a blast to ride out there with friends, explore the very steep terrain of the pear orchard, cover ourselves with sticky juice, and find a picnic spot that was somewhat clean and not surrounded by people.  We also returned home with loads and loads of pears.  My dad and I spent an afternoon making pear sauce.  I think we ended up with five bags, containing 5 cups each, now sitting in our freezer.
Not often do I get a picture of what is taking place behind me as I am taking pictures of our kids.  In public places we usually get an audience.  This was just taken after arriving at the parking lot of the orchard.  Kids are climbing at the base of a giant pear statue.
Josiah spent much of his time in trees.
I lost track of how many pears Jacob ate while at the orchard.
Josiah returned home with evidence of our adventure written all over his face.




No comments: