Friday, October 21, 2011
My Little Red-Head
When I was young I was somewhat jealous of my younger brother, Ronnie, who had red hair and blue eyes. I wanted so much to be like the girl in the song Sioux City Sue, a song my dad would sometimes sing to us. I now have two boys with blond hair and blue eyes, and a little girl just like me...red hair and brown/green eyes. It surprises me every time I look at her. She even has two cowlicks on the crown of her head, the same exact places I have and have tried to tame all these years. As I watch Emma, I often think of my own childhood and then wonder what memories she will take with her as she grows up. Will she have memories of playing with her brothers and running to greet her daddy when he comes in the door? Will she remember the times of sitting on the couch reading books and having 'tea' with mommy. I am praying, even now as she is not yet 2, that she will have memories of learning from God's word and growing in her knowledge of her heavenly Father.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment