Saturday, January 7, 2012

Christmas Day

So, Christmas Day came and went two weeks ago, and I have yet to post another blog entry.  Our days have been full.  Decided tonight to go ahead and post some pictures, even though many of you are probably past looking at things red/green and lit up :).

We started the day with breakfast, read the Christmas story and opened our final ornament, picture of baby Jesus.
Prepared to open gifts from under the tree. 
 There were packages from Grammy and Papa, and friends, to open...
and to play with.
And there were packages from Grandpa.

 After opening gifts we headed out to be with some local friends.  Here we are all bundled up at our destination.
Our family is definitely not a "performing" family, however we were given many opportunities this Christmas season to show off what little talent we have.  Notice how on this occasion all three kids have microphones, and yes all three of the microphones were working, and all three kids were making full use of them!  Too bad I don't have a recording!  They sang completely in the local language.
 
 That night for dinner and games we had 26 good friends come over.  It was wonderful!  Life has been so full lately and I easily get caught up in the busyness.  That night I laughed so much, like I have not laughed in a long time.  It was good!  We have been so blessed here by these friends who really do take care of us in so many ways.  They have become our family here.
It was a good Christmas!

No comments: